The Ofaakor District Court toady remanded the two teenagers who allegedly murdered their friend with the intent of using parts of his body for money ritual.

The Central region court which is presided over by her worship, Rosemond Vera Ocloo remanded the two teenagers, Nicholas Kini and Felix Nyarko into police custody after they were arraigned for the alleged murder of a 10-year old boy, Ishmael Mensah.

The deceased’s parents and other relations were at the court and were seen to be going through what could be described as emotional pain. Some of the resident of the area, Kasoa Lamptey, where the incident happened were also seen at the court premises.

The teenagers have been placed in police custody and are to reappear on April 20, 2021 for the continuation of the murder case against them.


Ghanaians were shocked when news about the two teenagers who have allegedly killed their friend for money rituals broke. A lot of Ghanaians took to social media platforms to express worry over the unfortunate incidents especially considering their ages 16 and 19 years old.

The two were immediately arrested by the police in Kasoa and were later seen to have been handcuffed in the bucket of a police pick-up vehicle in a video that has gone viral. In the said video, angry persons believed to be residents of Kasoa Lamptey, the area where the incident occurred, were seen trying to hit the two suspects with some police men protecting the duo.

According to narrations gathered from the area and the police, the two, Nicholas Kini and Felix Nyarko lured the victim to an uncompleted building closer to his home under the guise of selling a video game to him. They were said to have asked someone to call the deceased for them while they positioned themselves in the uncompleted building to execute their evil plan.

The narration continued that as soon as the victim, 10-year-old Ishmael Mensah entered the uncompleted building, one of the suspects used a handle of a pick axe to hit his neck sending to the ground. The other, according to the narration, used a broken concrete block to him until he died after which they buried his corpse in the building.

A sister of one the suspects who saw her brother and his accomplice burying something in the uncompleted building told her father about it. The father rushed to the scene and after digging the shallow grave, found Ishmael Mensah’s lifeless body. He quickly drew the attention of Ishmael Mensah’s parents who were home at the time of the incident.

A police team from the area on hearing about the incident, rushed to the scene to prevent angry residents of the area lynching the two teenagers. They were handcuffed and sent away into a police pick –up vehicle to face charges of murder in a law court.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments